Protect Your Investment With a Semi Truck Warranty
The Rolling Rig
Keep a worry-free truck with these maintenance tips!
Improve your experience on the road with these tips to keep your truck healthy.
The purchase of a semi truck is one of the most significant business decisions you will make in your trucking career, and it’s important to protect that investment in any way you can. The biggest threat to your profits is truck repairs, which are getting more expensive every day—but having a good warranty in your corner can make the difference between going out of business and getting back on the road!
Semi trucks are more advanced than ever, but those productivity-boosting upgrades are vulnerable to breakdown, too. By choosing to purchase a semi truck warranty along with your truck, you ensure that you’ll be able to get back on the road quickly if something does go wrong.
Questions about insuring your used semi truck? The team at International Used Truck Centers is happy to provide details about our used semi truck warranty options and used semi truck warranty prices. In the guide below, we’ll go over everything you need to know to get started.
Semi Truck Warranty Coverage: What You Need to Know
There are many different options when it comes to a used truck warranty in terms of time and coverage, and your sales professional at International Used Truck Centers can help you select the warranty that is right for you.
That said, our most popular coverage option is the two-year/200,000-mile engine and aftertreatment warranty. It covers the most crucial parts of your truck that must be functioning for it to stay on the road.
When selecting your used semi warranty, you should be familiar with the following terms and concepts:
- Time Out/Mile Out: Truck terms are determined by mileage or time, whichever comes first—so make sure that the term limits match up with what you need.
- Coverage: You can select a warranty that covers as much or as little of the truck as you would like, so make sure that you are getting the coverage you want based on your needs and your budget.
- Deductible: Some semi warranties have claim deductibles. This means that when making a claim, you may need to pay part of the cost out-of-pocket, even on a fully covered repair.
- Aggregate Limit: Some warranties have a cap for the total amount they will payout for repairs. Make sure you know what this number is. For example, if the cap is $35,000 and the repair costs $45,000, you will owe the $10,000 difference.
- Component Cap: Just like the aggregate limit, there may also be a limit for the number or cost of components that the warranty will cover within a particular system.
- Progressive Damage: Progressive damage occurs when the failure of one part causes another part to fail. Some warranties cover this, and some warranties don’t.
- Wrappable: If a used semi has any remaining warranty coverage, the new warranty contract will begin when the existing coverage expires.
- Factory-Backed: A warranty offered by the manufacturer.
Semi Warranty Offerings at International Used Truck Centers
Used semi truck warranty prices vary depending on the extent of your coverage. We offer a range of used semi truck warranty options so that you can select an option that precisely meets your budget and the needs of your business:
- System 1: Our exclusive factory-backed International-only warranty. Benefits include no deductible, no cap, no limit, and more.
- Extended Vehicle Coverage: Can be added to International models and covers over 900 different components.
- Confidence Bundle: Available for International models only, this semi warranty package includes engine, aftertreatment, OnCommand connection, and uptime advocate.
- 60-Day Truck Protect: whenever you buy a qualifying truck from International Used Truck Centers, you will automatically get our 60-day Truck Protect. This semi warranty includes engine, aftertreatment, transmission, and much more.
Learn More About Your Semi Truck Warranty Options with International Used Truck Centers
Questions about the International used semi truck warranty prices and what components are covered? Need help comparing semi truck warranty options? We’re here to help you find the coverage that best fits your needs and budget! Reach out to our finance center or visit a International Used Truck Centers dealership near you for details.